ICE HAS DECIDED TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE BY ADOPTING NEW GUIDELINES
With the environment being increasingly threatened by growing industries, we at ICE decided to start navigating towards solutions, little steps at a time. Leading by example is our goal, a clean industry our vision.
ICE GOES GREEN MEANS:
– conserving energy and resources (water, wood, paper)
– minimizing waste generation, reusing and recycling where practicable
– promoting recycling and the use of recycled products and materials
– providing environmental education to charter employees
RISING ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS
In cooperation with Green Sail we created a ˝green booth˝ where employees and managers of charter companies can make appointments to get valuable information on enviroment friendly activities for their companies or teams.
CONSERVING ENERGY, WATER, WOOD & PAPER
- The heating and light will be minimized whenever possible, to conserve valuable recourses.
- LED lights will replace all halogen lights.
- Water consumption awareness will be raised by instructional stickers in lavatories.
- Wood is used on less than 1% of ICE booths. Most of the booths are constructed in the old octanorm system, a reusable model generating close to no waste.
- All graphics are printed on 100% recyclable cellulose DISPA boards. No PVC is used by the ICE team for printing booth graphics.
- Paper will be used only for the most necessary purposes, while most of the informative materials will be delivered via mobile apps and online channels.
- ICE will have only recycled toilet paper and plastic coffee cups will be replaced with recycled paper cups
- Water will not be dispensed in plastic bottles but will be available from water depositories. Paper cups will replace the usual plastic ones.
PROMOTING RECYCLING & MINIMIZING WASTE AND CO2
- All waste will be sorted as per modern standards; inside the Marx Halle and outside. Additionally, ICE staff will help to sort waste and advise participants on how to manage their waste.
- Recycle bins will be placed in multiple locations throughout the expo.
- All graphics will be printed on 100% recyclable material.
- We will encourage exhibitors to keep their graphic DISPA boards for next year. Those that will nevertheless be disposed of will be gathered and recycled.
- A pre-show campaign will endorse minimizing the use of printed brochures and business cards, as those are proven to have very limited efficiency in a B2B setting. ICE will also not use more paper documents than necessary.
- Exhibitors will be notified to switch off their electrical devices after hours, or when not in use.
All these actions will not save the planet, but every journey begins with a single step. The only important thing is that it is in the right direction.